37. In the End - [Grief, Memorials, & Death]
Our culture doesn't handle death well.
From funerals to the grieving process, we can move through death more healthily. This episode explores the grieving process including:
- Grief as any form of loss and an unending process
- Four grieving principles (Distress, Trauma, Affliction, & Meaning-Making)
- Instrumental versus instinctive grief.
- Reactive versus proactive responses to grief.
- Memorial services versus ancient death rituals.
Finally, we explore how we might re-approach grieving with a reflection experience.
Valdeldur (Sigur Ros)
Day is Gone (Noah Gundersen)