43. Why I Care About Ecology - [Four Unfrequented Takes on Ecological Ethics]
Is there a philosophical and practical premise for ecological ethics?
Despite technological advancement, there is still a mystery to being alive and a mystery to the natural world we are a part of. Why should that matter and how should we live with the natural world?
This episode explores four premises:
- Contingency - the nature of existence and the givenness of life.
- Inherent Value - the perception of existence and its potential goodness.
- Inherent Process - the mechanics of existence for how living things are in process.
- Teleology - the ethic of existence and how our actions can be determined by the goal of existence: Universal Flourishing